If you have activated a line on eSIM with Lucky Mobile, setting up your eSIM by downloading to your phone is the final step.
When your eSIM is ready, you should receive a notification on your phone to complete your setup. Click on the notification and follow the prompts to complete the process. If you did not receive the push notification, follow the instructions below instead.
Before you start, make sure you have completed your number transferring if you are keeping your existing phone number, and that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi or mobile network, and updated to the latest iOS version.
Note: If you are using iOS software 12.1, you can still download the eSIM, but you must update your iPhone to iOS 13.0 or higher to use both lines at the same time.
- Go to Setting > Cellular > Add eSIM (or Add Cellular Plan).
- Select Use QR Code.
- Scan QR code below and follow the prompts on device to complete.
Alternatively, you could also enter the details manually:
- Select Enter Details Manually.
- In the SM-DP + Address field, paste or type:
- Leave the Activation Code field blank.
For more information, visit Apple support.
What rate plans are available for the two lines?
- Both lines can be on any Lucky Mobile plan. You can choose to have a voice and text plan or a voice and data plan on either line.
I’m a Lucky Mobile customer with two phone numbers on two separate devices. Can I move one of my phone numbers to an eSIM so I can have both my phone numbers on one smartphone?
- If your device supports dual-SIM, you can have two lines active at the same time. To transfer your other phone number service, check out SIM Card Support.
Can both lines be connected to the network at the same time?
- Yes, both lines can be connected to the network at all times for voice calling, as well as call waiting alerts if a second call comes in. However, data usage charges may be applicable for simultaneous incoming or outgoing voice calls when using this Apple service
Can I use dual eSIM mode with both lines on my Dual SIM phone?
- Yes, if you have an Apple iPhone 13, 13 Mini, 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max or newer, you can activate both lines on eSIM. To transfer your physical SIM to an eSIM, you can manage your SIM settings by logging into My Account or by visiting a Lucky Mobile store.
How can I transfer my existing Lucky eSIM to a new Dual SIM iPhone?
- Transfer your existing Lucky eSIM by visiting a Lucky store. Be ready to provide your current eSIM phone number and EID of the new eSIM device you are transferring (this can be found on the box or in the settings of the new Dual SIM iPhone; Settings > General > About > EID General).
How do I tell which phone number I’m using?
- The default labels for the phone lines are Primary and Secondary. To create your own labels, go to Settings > Cellular or Mobile Data on your iPhone. For example, you can name your lines Work and Personal, or something else.
- Use these labels when you choose which phone number to use for making or receiving calls and text messages, to designate a number for cellular data, and to assign a number to your contacts so you know which number you will use.
If I have a data plan on both lines, which data plan will I use and therefore be billed for?
- Both lines can support data plans; however, one number at a time can use cellular data. If you want your iPhone to use cellular data from both plans, depending on coverage and availability, turn on Allow Cellular Data Switching.
- Your data usage will come from the line you assign as your preferred line in your iPhone’s Cellular settings. You can choose to toggle to your other line within those settings at any time. For example, during work hours, you can use the data from your "Work" line, and after work you can switch to your "Personal" line. For details, please see Apple support.
Can I use data while on a call?
- Yes, if you turn on Allow Cellular Data Switching, then while you're on a voice call on your voice-only number, that number automatically switches to use voice and data. This lets you use both voice and data while on the call.
- However, if you turn off Allow Cellular Data Switching and you're active on a voice number that isn't your designated cellular-data number, then cellular data won't work while you're on the call.
- You can also access Wi-Fi on either line regardless of which line you have selected.
- To learn more about changing your cellular data number, see Apple support page.
How will I be billed for voice and messaging?
Voice and messaging are calculated according to the rate plan of the line used for each activity. With Dual SIM, you have the choice of which line’s phone number to use for each call and text. Note: data charges may apply during simultaneous voice calls.
Accessing your voicemail box from an iPhone Dual SIM
The voicemail message waiting indicator represented as a red dot on your voicemail icon, shows that you have an unheard voicemail message from your primary line. The secondary line will not have a voicemail message waiting indicator.
To check if you have a message on your secondary line’s voicemail box:
- Change the dial pad to secondary line
- Press and hold the number “1“key to access your secondary line’s voicemail.
- If a password has been set, you may be asked to enter it.
Or, you can change the primary line on your iPhone:
- Go to Settings > Cellular > Default Voice Line to change your primary line.