If you activated a line on iPhone XR, XS, XS Max, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max or SE (2nd Generation) Lucky Mobile has reserved an eSIM for your phone. If you do not already have a Lucky Mobile account, visit a Lucky Mobile store to get started.
To start using Dual SIM service, you must download this eSIM to your iPhone:
- Check that your iPhone is updated to iOS 13.0
Open the Camera application and scan your QR code:
- Note: you can download eSIM while operating on Apple's iOS software 12.1, however to use both lines simultaneously, your iPhone must be updated to iOS 13.0 or higher.
Select the Cellular Plan Detected notification when it appears.
Select the option Continue, showing at the bottom of the screen.
Select Add Cellular Plan.
Alternatively, you could also enter the details manually if needed:
- Select Enter Details Manually.
- In the SM-DP + Address field, paste or type: CUST-011-V4-PROD-ATL2.GDSB.NET
- Leave the Activation Code field blank.
For more information, watch this YouTube video from Apple: How to set up and use Dual SIM.
What rate plans are available for the two lines?
- Both lines can be on any Lucky Mobile plan. You can choose to have a voice and text plan or a voice and data plan on either line.
I’m a Lucky Mobile customer with two phone numbers on two separate devices. Can I move one of my phone numbers to an eSIM card so I can have both my phone numbers on one smartphone?
- This is not possible at this time.
Can both lines be connected to the network at the same time?
- Yes, both lines can be connected to the network at all times for voice calling, as well as call waiting alerts if a second call comes in. However, data usage charges may be applicable for simultaneous incoming or outgoing voice calls when using this Apple service
How do I set up my dual SIM device so I can use both lines simultaneously?
Go to Settings on your iPhone
Under General, ensure your software has been updated to iOS 13.0 or higher.
Activate the Wi-Fi calling option in Settings> Phone> Wi-Fi Calling, on the other line.
Select Cellular Data, and then choose a default line (either line 1 or line 2).
Set Allow Cellular Data Switching to ON, which allows iPhone to use either line depending on coverage and availability.
How can I transfer my existing Lucky eSIM to a new Dual SIM iPhone?
- Transfer your existing Lucky eSIM by visiting a Lucky store. Be ready to provide your current eSIM phone number and EID of the new eSIM device you are transferring (this can be found on the box or in the settings of the new Dual SIM iPhone; Settings > General > About > EID General).
How do I tell which phone number I’m using?
- The default labels for the phone lines are Primary and Secondary. To create your own labels, go to Settings > Cellular or Mobile Data on your iPhone. For example, you can name your lines Work and Personal, or something else.
- Use these labels when you choose which phone number to use for making or receiving calls and text messages, to designate a number for cellular data, and to assign a number to your contacts so you know which number you will use.
If I have a data plan on both lines, which data plan will I use and therefore be billed for?
- Both lines can support data plans; however, one number at a time can use cellular data. If you want your iPhone to use cellular data from both plans, depending on coverage and availability, turn on Allow Cellular Data Switching.
- Your data usage will come from the line you assign as your preferred line in your iPhone’s Cellular settings. You can choose to toggle to your other line within those settings at any time. For example, during work hours, you can use the data from your "Work" line, and after work you can switch to your "Personal" line. For details, please see the Apple support page.
Can I use data while on a call?
- Yes, if you turn on Allow Cellular Data Switching, then while you're on a voice call on your voice-only number, that number automatically switches to use voice and data. This lets you use both voice and data while on the call.
- However, if you turn off Allow Cellular Data Switching and you're active on a voice number that isn't your designated cellular-data number, then cellular data won't work while you're on the call.
- You can also access Wi-Fi on either line regardless of which line you have selected.
- To learn more about changing your cellular data number, see Apple support page.
How will I be billed for voice and messaging?
Voice and messaging are calculated according to the rate plan of the line used for each activity. With Dual SIM, you have the choice of which line’s phone number to use for each call and text. Note: data charges may apply during simultaneous voice calls.
Will E9-1-1 and T9-1-1 work on both lines?
- Both lines have the capability to dial 9-1-1. Where E9-1-1 is available, the caller’s number and approximate location will be provided, regardless of the line used.
- Enabling Wi-Fi Calling on both lines has implications to 9-1-1 calls. If you are in a situation where you need to call 9-1-1 from Line 1, your phone then disconnects and you get another call on Line 2, you will not receive a notification that the 9-1-1 operator called you back.
For T9-1-1, each line needs to be registered separately. Register for T9-1-1.